Getting in shape and staying fit takes lifelong dedication, but with the right attitude and strategic planning, achieving the results you want is a piece of cake.
First and foremost, find a form of exercise you truly enjoy. If you like running, then you should do the following to maximize each and every workout. For example:
- Use the first five minutes of your run to warm up your muscles.
- Learn the proper breathing techniques needed so you don’t become winded.
- Use music to help you stay focused when setting your pace.
- Alternate the incline to burn more calories. If you’re outdoors, focus on the top of the hill instead of your feet. This open your airways so you can breathe easier.
If you are hitting the gym in Hong Kong, there are many different types of cardio you can do to get in shape. To get the most out of you daily workout, take a look at the tips below:
- Push yourself to do five extra minutes. You will burn approximately 50 extra calories each time your exercise.
- If you love using the elliptical, take things up a notch and increase the resistance settings. Aim for 140 to 160 strides per minute to burn even more calories.
- Interval training is only for runners. Whether you’re using walking on a treadmill or swimming in the pool, these short bursts of intense exercise helps to burn more belly fat.
If you want sleek and sculpted muscles, you have to lift weights. That doesn’t mean you need to lift 200 pounds, but you do need to focus on enough weight and repetitions in order to see results. Proper form should be your focus when strength training. Improper form can lead to painful injuries. In addition, don’t stick to only barbells. There are many different ways to lift weights such as kettle balls, resistance bands and stability balls, all of which you can use to define your muscles.
Don’t underestimate the power of yoga. Although it’s not an intense form of exercise, it still burns calories and also helps to lengthen your muscles. Proper stretching and mindfulness will help to relax you, and it’s a nice change of pace from your hardcore workouts.
To avoid getting sick while at the gym in Hong Kong, always wipe down any equipment before using it. When deciding on which type of class sign up for, why not try a few out to see which you like more? Although you love the way spinning class looks from the outside, you wouldn’t want to pay for a class that is too difficult.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that regardless of which type of exercise regimen you choose, you need to have fun while doing it.Being healthy and getting in shape doesn’t need to feel like work.